[IAEP] Project hosting

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Tue May 27 11:49:18 CEST 2008

2008/5/27 Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu>:
> On May 27, 2008, at 3:58 AM, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>>
>> If we were still referencing in jhbuild git/svn versions of components
>> like telepathy, abiword, xulrunner, etc, then I would see some value
>> on that, but AFAIK we have there just tarballs that are rarely if ever
>> broken.
>
> I was mostly referring to building against distro-provided versions of all
> of these dependencies, as that's where the problems normally arise. (That
> was my experience, anyway; perhaps things have changed since?)

Nope, problems like this still arise often, goes unnoticed for a while
and confuse people which are trying to build Sugar. I don't think they
are going away until we have a tinderbox running on a few linux
distro.

>> But if the build bot was able to start sugar, check that all the
>> services are up and start a couple of base activities and see that
>> none crashes, that would be very useful. I think that Chris has code
>> for this in his tinderbox.
>
> Good point -- I forgot to mention this. Yes, this is certainly tremendously
> useful and we'd want to add it as the post-build step in each VM.

Definitely, I'm happy to integrate this in jhbuild as soon as we have
a tinderbox running.

We should also run the check jhbuild command. It's currently pylinting
the codebase and we should add unit tests to it.

Marco