[IAEP] Project hosting

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Tue May 27 19:02:38 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 02:56:45AM +0200, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

> If OLPC could devolve some CPU time to it, it would be great.

> But I'm afraid a plain user account will not suffice here:
> whoever runs the show needs to properly 0wn the box in order
> to be able to install packages and tweak the...

No problem; we've got a nice little Xen box sitting next to my desk for
just this eventuality. (You know I'll do whatever is necessary to
scrounge server resources for this kind of thing.)

Regarding the accessibility of root - I'm fine with handing out Xen
instances to trusted parties (modulo agreement from our sysadmins) - but
it would be good to find a way to render such machines capable of less
network havoc; perhaps with a set of restrictive traffic filters?

Michael