[IAEP] [Its.an.education.project] From Piaget

Antoine van Gelder antoine at g7.org.za
Fri May 23 20:03:33 CEST 2008

On 19 May 2008, at 08:25, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 3:48 AM, Antoine van Gelder
> <antoine at g7.org.za> wrote:
>>
>> On 18 May 2008, at 12:21, Edward Cherlin wrote:
>>

>>> To teach teachers Constructionism would require that we get
>>> permission
>>> to put them through a remedial course of what they should have
>>> learned
>>> in childhood. It would require that we create the complete
>>> Constructionist course of study by Constructionist methods. But none
>>> of us knows how to do that.
>>

>> We want to be at A.
>>
>> Currently, we are at B, being paid to do D.
>>
>> To get to A we're going to have to be at C as well, but being at C
>> means
>> doing D' which, the people who pay our salaries, don't like us to do.
>>
>> ?
>>
>> - a
>
> The thing I enjoy most about being a volunteer is that management
> can't fire me for telling the truth or for doing my job. If we need to
> do D', speak up and tell us what it is. I have no doubt that some of
> us will get on with it. We might even find somebody to fund it.

+10 points to Brother Mokurai for relieving the pressure that D places
on C in a particularly elegant manner.

The rest of you that are sitting with policy constraints that are
preventing movement on D' - I strongly recommend to take him up on his
offer because you are unlikely to see another one this generous in
your lifetimes.

  - a