[Its.an.education.project] Further training

Josue Freitas josue at mobileware.com.br
Mon May 5 11:10:42 CEST 2008

Microsoft if planning to release a game for Xbox 360.

Boku: Lightweight Programming for Kids
Matthew MacLaurin, Principal Program Manager, Microsoft Research, Redmond

Boku uses a novel, high-level programming paradigm within a 3-D gaming world
on the Xbox 360R to introduce children to creative use of the computer.
Boku's programming model is extremely simple as it does not use a textual
language or wiring diagrams. Kids use simple behavior cards to enable a
small virtual robot to navigate its world and achieve specific tasks. The
goal is to provide a gentle introduction to some of the foundational
elements of creative programming to children who may not yet be ready for
the complexity of classical computer languages. The user is exposed to
behavior arbitration, generality, representation of an abstract state,
real-time experimentation and feedback, simulation, sensors, physics, and
message passing. The programming environment is integrated in an attractive
gaming world and controlled entirely via an Xbox 360 game controller.

http://research.microsoft.com/aboutmsr/techfair/default.aspx#Boku