[IAEP] new getting started guide

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 23:33:12 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 16:32 -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
> The Getting Started Guide that I wrote for the laptop.org site is very
> OLPC-XO-1-centric and also not very current. I don't see this as a
> duplication effort--rather as an effort to distill the essence of a
> Sugar user manual from a general how-to-use-an-XO manual. I think it
> is very much worthwhile flagging the various platform dependencies,
> such as specialized keyboard, etc. In the one page I have worked on so
> far, there is not really an equivalent in the OLPC wiki, so the
> interwiki strategy is not really going to work.
>
> -walter

My apologies for not being clear.  I agree entirely that the sugar-centric getting
started guide is very important.

The bit about duplication was in regards to the new OLPC/* links.  As much as possible, they should be
interwiki links straight back to w.l.o.  If we start trying to keep the sugar wiki up to date with hardware
or distribution specific materials we will drown.

I am thinking of the w.s.o getting started guide as a generic starting
point from which other distributions and vendors base their getting
started guides.

thanks
Dfarning