[IAEP] Alpha API Docs are up.

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 18:07:50 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 5:17 PM, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:
> A very early alpha of the API documentation is now up at
> http://www.sugarlabs.org/~dfarning/ .
>
> The API are generated using epydoc which has a number of pros and cons.
>
> Pros:
>  Uses standard python docstrings- there is no commitment to epydoc in
> the future.
>  Very easy.
>  Docstrings can be extended using epytext, reStructuredText and
> Javadoc.
>
> Cons:
>  The parser is more strict than the standard python parser.  It catches
> some formatting errors that the python interrupter is able to handles.
> In many files the parser stopped before it reached the end of the file.
> I will put up a log file so developers can see what errors it is
> catching.
>
>  Epydoc only documents python files.  I haven't looked to deeply into
> the code but it looks like there are several c files in sugar-base and
> sugar-toolkit.  Do we want those documented?

I don't *think* we have anything useful to document in those c files
at the moment (they are mostly internal).

Some comments from a quick look:

The following modules should be removed from the documentation I
think, since they are just dependencies which are documented somewhere
else:

logilab.*
pylint.*
telepathy.*

The following modules are just internal and I tend to think they might
be more confusing than useful:

olpc.datastore.*
secore.*

Thanks!