[IAEP] [Localization] [Fwd: Re: #7116 NORM Never A: Possible European G1G1 program needs appropriate keyboards]

Emma Duke-Williams emma.dukewilliams at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 18:11:53 CEST 2008

2008/6/3 Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com>:

> There are two questions before us concerning GiveOneGetOne for Europe,
> in addition to the question of the countries to be included.
>
> * Which layouts will be printed on the keytops?

A quick question, it took me, used as I am to a UK keyboard, quite
some time to locate the tilda (~) on my OLPC. It wasn't helped by the
fact there are two things that look like tildas in much the same
location as tildas are on a UK keyboard. (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_and_American_keyboards ... just
above the right hand shift )

What are the things that look like tildas but aren't?

Emma
--
Emma Duke-Williams:
School of Computing/ Faculty eLearning Co-ordinator.