[IAEP] information - 65 uk pounds (90 euros) laptop report

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Jul 29 12:13:53 EDT 2008

alan c wrote:
> extract:
> Taiwanese vendor Carapelli has taken the wraps off what it claims is
> the world's cheapest laptop, coming in at just £65.
>
> The Impulse NPX-9000, which has a seven inch screen, is light on
> specifications with a 400MHz processor,

Its a 400 MHz MIPS processor, not an x86. I have a 450MHz MIPS that runs
reasonably well as a server (Cobalt Qube 2) with 128MB RAM. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIPS_architecture for MIPS processors.
Incidentally, support for Cobalt Qube 2 ran out years ago, so I run
Debian on it.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.