[IAEP] Sugar Digest 2008-06-29

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Jul 1 06:58:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

   > 15:00 Sugar on mobile phones: is it possible? does it make sense?

I had trouble following this one -- I couldn't make out an argument for
why Sugar on mobile phones might make sense to begin with.  Can anyone
provide one?

The obvious argument against this is:

   * Sugar is an environment for creativity and learning.
   * It seems like a safe assumption to say that learning requires
     screens that allow for comfortable reading and an input device
     that isn't very frustrating to use.  We've argued against using
     mobile phones instead of the XO for this reason in the past.

Walter said something interesting during the meeting that I didn't
understand:

<walter_> I do think it is peripheral to the main learning experience,
          but it can make a connection between the learning experience
          on the laptop and other people/users in the community

I'd be interested to hear more about how this might work.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>