[IAEP] Textbooks

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 19:39:36 EST 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Pia Waugh <greebo at pipka.org> wrote:
> Hi Edward,
>
> <quote who="Edward Cherlin">
>
>> Yes, Moodle will be part of the OLPC School Server, so we will
>> naturally make full use of it.
>
> Great, it might also be worthwhile looking at the existing Moodle resources
> and lessons plans rather than starting from scratch. There is a large
> educator community around that project already.

Yes, that has been our plan. I used Moodle as a student at Presidio
School of Management. While it does not do everything we want, it is
excellent in what it does provide. We will work with the developers on
further improvements, and invite any educators who are interested in
our approach to join in.

> Cheers,
> Pia
>
> --
> OLPC Friends                                         http://olpcfriends.org/
> Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/
> Open Source Industry Australia                           http://osia.net.au/
> Software Freedom Day                          http://softwarefreedomday.org/
>
>   "We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

And Children are my nation.