[IAEP] Working math graphs/plots

Reinier Heeres reinier at heeres.eu
Wed Dec 10 17:51:05 EST 2008

Hi,

I agree that the plotting functionality is not really well exposed,
although help(index) will show you it's available and help(plot) will
tell you how to use it. Try plot(sin(x),x=0..360) for example. I'll work
on the exposure of plotting in the next release; suggestions on how to
do this exactly would be welcome.

The implementation is as basic as it can get: it evaluates an expression
at 100 points between the start and stop range. The internal parser is a
bit slow, but it's pure python and works reasonably well.

With a bit of coding we could surely add some functionality to get data
from Measure in there too.

I am not inclined to add RPN parsing myself, but patches will of course
be considered.

Regards,
Reinier

--