[IAEP] Branding and mascot (Was: Re: Color combos for the logo)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Dec 5 18:35:41 EST 2008

On 05.12.2008, at 20:57, Jameson Quinn wrote:

> Last try. Smilier, the X is closer to the real animal, and bigger
> eyes. On IRC they say this one's much cuter.
>
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/Image:Suggie_glidie_3.svg
>
> Same questions:
>

> 0. Is anybody worse than neutral on the idea of a mascot (which
> would not replace the xo icon or sugar logo)?
> 1. Do people like the species?
> 2. Do people like the idea of incorporating the XO logo and the two-
> color look?
> 3. If the above two are "yes", then what is wrong with this one?
> Should it be more cartoony - bigger eyes and head, fewer fingers? Is
> it still too flasher-y? Other suggestions?

I like the species and the two colors work okayish. The embedded XO
now is almost bearable esthetically. I'd still soften the lower corner
(make the right angle round like on the sides). Also the thin orange
border seems a bit unnecessary and out of place. And I dont't like the
fingers only on one side, but have no good suggestion on how to
improve tat.

But overall it's adorable :)

- Bert -