[IAEP] Rolling out Local Sugar Labs

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Tue Dec 2 18:36:57 EST 2008

For the last couple of weeks we have been talking about establishing
Local Sugar Labs.  Most of the conversations have been with individual
groups that are interested in establishing Local Labs (and the
infrastructure team.)

The overriding theme of the conversations has been autonomy.  The
Local Labs are interested in building on top of the Sugar product and
brand to provide solutions that are tailored to local cultural and
environmental needs.

At this point we have about thirty groups that have expressed interest
in setting up local labs.  These groups vary from individuals
interesting in deploying Sugar, to Ministers of Education interested
is developing Sugar for their nations, to Universities interested in
supporting the Sugar Labs mission.