[math4] Thoughts on our project

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Thu Jan 21 19:28:09 EST 2010

Hi PacMath Team,

On 21 Jan 2010, at 23:49, TAYLOR PLIMPTON (RIT Student) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Taylor Plimpton and I am part of a group at RIT in the OLPC class working on a game we're calling PacMath, the other group members are Yasser Hernandez, Abel Rendon Jr, and Dennis Rodriguez.  On behalf of the group I would like to introduce ourselves and ask that when anyone gets a chance to look at our PacMath wiki, we'd really appreciate it and we would love hear from you, any feedback, criticism, thoughts, etc. are 100% welcome.  Thank you in advance for taking the time to help us out.

The PacMath sketches look great, can't wait to give it a play through :-)

Regarding questions/game settings, make sure you have a play of Walter's VisualMatch activity and see how the toolbar provides lots of flexibility to the game challenge type. It would seem like a good approach to let the user choose the starting case (perhaps via a teachers verbal guidance in class) and then have the general math difficulty level increase as they complete level to level.

Regards,
--Gary