[math4] Small Muthris Update

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Sep 20 00:33:50 EDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Doug <dpk3062 at rit.edu> wrote:
> I had to do a presentation on the overall project, so I committed it to
> the code base in the docs folder.  Since school has started up again, I
> don't have free time to continue working on the project.  However, I
> believe I should increase my Python experience before graduation and
> working on Muthris is a good way to do that.  But I don't know when that
> will happen...

You would be amazed how addicting hacking a projects like this can
be:)  The real kicker comes when you finally upload your project to
activities.sugarlabs.org and start tracking your download numbers.

> Someone asked for a few screenshots.  I posted one on Muthris' project
> page (http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/muthris).   It's all textual
> menus at the moment, so I think only one image is good enough.
>
> For the new students, if you want to work on the project I can make the
> time to help you get up to speed on it.

One thing that would be very helpful would be to move your screen shot
and design documents from git.sl.org to your project wiki page at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Math4Team/RIT/Projects/Muthris .  This
way, when  someone is browsing the wiki looking for a new project that
can quickly find all of the relevant information before they need to
dive into the source.

The intended work flow for RIT projects is to start as RIT projects
and then move under http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities after they
have been uploaded to activities.sugarlabs.org.  They start as ideas
and gradually work themselves into fully supported activities.  Many
activities are currently maintained and developed by one or two
people.  But we do have a couple of activity wizards who wander around
and fix or improve random stuff:)

david