[math4] Resource on using technology in educaiton

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Sat Sep 5 11:30:24 EDT 2009

I am taking "Teaching for Understanding" this semester and this reading
stands out as a good introduction for those of you creating activities for
4th grade math.  It covers the debates on technology in schools, provides
pointers to good resources and summarizes research. For instance
improvements in math outcomes is only associated with increased computer
usage when computers are used for more then drill and practice and offer
opportunities to explore math concepts.

Zucker, A.A. (2008) Chps. 1 & 2 in Transforming Schools with Technology,
Harvard

Education Press, Cambridge, 1-26, 27-49

Let me know if you want me to keep an eye out for more readings that are
relevant to 4th grade math.

Thanks,
Caroline
--