[math4] Resource on using technology in educaiton

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Sun Sep 6 12:16:53 EDT 2009

Wenglinsky, H. (2005) Chp. 4 in Using Technology Wisely: the keys to success
in

schools, Columbia University Teachers College Press, NY, 60-77, *CP *
*
*
*
*
This article summarizes a study of 4th and 8th grade math teaching comparing
technology usage.

The frequency of use of computers is negatively correlated with math
performance but playing math games was positively correlated.  High income,
white, suburban fourth graders engaged in more math game playing.

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove