[math4] Sugar Kids QA Team process

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon May 4 14:45:12 EDT 2009

On a recent trip down from LinuxFest NorthWest, we got a chance to
test our first Math4 activity with the QA Team.

Larry is writing up the report separately, and we'll make sure that
(most importantly) it gets back to the developer.  If you all have
some suggestions on where we should file reports (on a specific wiki
page talk section?  Via Trac somewhere?

Meanwhile, I uploaded the template we used for the QA process:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Kids_QA_Team#QA_Process

We have five questions, some that do a ranking and some that are
specifically for comments.  However, we haven't decided the last two
questions.  I'm curious, what do the activity developers want to know
about?

One thing is, this time Larry and I did the application "install"
ourselves.  I would suppose we want to move to the QA Team being able
to do it themselves, and I'm not sure if that is a QA task we want to
track.

I'm going to run this by some QA friends to check the ideas, so it
might change.  Ideally, the process should improve, but we also want
to have data that makes sense historically -- i.e., not change the
data model drastically.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41