[math4] Strong Museum Follow-up

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Fri Mar 27 15:33:11 EDT 2009

I spoke with the Collections Manager at the Strong Museum today.

They do have an XO in the collection but it's not on display and they
would welcome a second XO.

It will take about a month for the museum to determine if they will take
the donation and if they do, we will be given an opportunity to name who
the donation is from.  "A gift from [someone]"

Good news is that it can be a gift from more than one group so from the
Fedora Ambassadors and OLPC etc.

So while things are up in the air on a donation, I did suggest that we
could hold an event at the museum with the Grass Roots folks in Western
NY at the Museum.  After all, the public may not get their hands on the
XO if it's behind glass but if our people bring machines for the public
to explore and play with it could present a good opportunity for Fedora,
OLPC, SugarLabs and Math4.

I'll keep you updated as info becomes available

~Karlie