[math4] Was Press - Events. Now an Idea

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Thu Mar 19 09:59:12 EDT 2009

The better you get to know me, the less you'll question how my brain
works... Now on with the show....

First - Reading yesterday's news I spot this article -
http://www.rbj.net/fullarticle.cfm?sdid=77550 "Strong Museum unveils
center for electronic games"

Second - While Strong is the "National Museum of Play," they are
primarily an American History Museum and the largest Children's Museum
in the US.

Third - The XO was conceived by an American (Negroponte) and it's
primary function is a tool for children.

the idea - what if we donate an XO to Strong at the April Rochester OLPC
SIG meeting on behalf of all of us?  This gives us a stronger news hook
than our standard geekery.

Points would be -
The collection at Strong isn't complete without an XO
The work being done in Rochester for the OLPC effort as a whole
The ties between OLPC, SugarLabs, Fedora, RIT and the world wide
community and how the last two points define Rochester as an epicenter
for Math4 with ripples being felt world wide

Thoughts?