[math4] Hello, and my project

Andrew Hamblin a.hamblin at aggiemail.usu.edu
Fri Mar 13 23:04:42 EDT 2009

Hello,

	I've started working on something along the lines of Math Rescue(the
game I played as a kid to learn my math). The basic idea is a platform game
with levels that are small enough to be played in short bursts(maybe 10-15
min) as a break or distraction. The level is generated with 5 to 20 solution
boxes, and the player is presented with a question or problem on the top of
the screen, and then try and find the correct answer in the solution boxes
on that level, when they solve enough problems, they get a key that will
allow them to advance to the next level. I figure that questions addressing
4.N.11, to 4.N.15, 4.P.2, 4.P.3 4.M.2, and 4.M.3, should be fairly simple to
integrate. Any ideas for how to integrate other teaching objectives would be
appreciated.

-Andrew Hamblin

"The art of life is the art of avoiding pain." - Thomas Jefferson