[math4] Math Facts and the Broken Calculator

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Fri Mar 13 16:49:48 EDT 2009

Hi,

Today I spoke with the curriculum director at the school in Boston where we
are going to pilot Sugar on the Stick.

They are happy with the mathematical thinking skills their curriculum is
providing but they are finding that students are struggling with math facts.

One cool program I know of is the Broken Calculator by Concord Consortium.
http://seeingmath.concord.org/broken_calculator/

I doubt the idea is copy protected and much of Concords code is GPL. If
someone is interested I can ask if they have GPL for this.

Creating a Broken Calculator app for Sugar might be a fun project.

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove

617-500-3488 - Office