[math4] Class start-up

Nadège Michel michel.nadege at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 05:42:16 EDT 2009

>>> Now imagine that before successfully attacking any monster, or drinking
>>> a health potion, or performing some other important gameplay function,
>>> you must answer a question of some kind.  My emphasis was to find a
>>> Free Software codebase that was simple, in Python, already worked, and
>>> could be easily hacked.  Hacked being the key word ther

This makes me remember a game I played when I was a little girl. It was
called "Le Labyrinthe D'Orthophus" in French.
I think that would be "The Maze of Orthophus" in English, but it was a
French game, so you probably never heard about that game.

So in this game you are a young boy ( or knight ), and you are in a
dungeon. You walk around, opening doors. In each room (and sometimes in
hallways) you meet some creatures (monsters, animals, people..) and you
have to answer correctly their questions to go on your adventures.
The questions are about maths or "French": grammar & orthography
(orthography => orthophus).
Each good answer rewards you a "letter". At the end of the game, you
meet the dungeon master and this time the answer of the question had to
be formed with the letters you collected before.

You can find more information and download the game here :
http://www.abandonware-france.org/ltf_abandon/ltf_jeu.php?id=1
It's in French, sorry :) But I would be happy to translate something if
you ask.
If you want to play, I don't know if it's possible with Linux, I never
tried. I don't know much about DOS emulation.

I think it's a good game, I spent many hours playing and learning with
it, could be a  great source of  ideas.

By the way, I'm a French girl, Fedora user, XO owner, and a
Fedora/Sugar/Free Software contributor "wanna-be".
I'm a game developer, I work for Wizarbox, a little game development
studio in Paris and I always wanted to develop games for linux or for
the XO's on my spare time, so I would be happy to help you all with
Mongo or other stuff. :)