[Dextrose] au885 image

Jerry Vonau jerry at laptop.org.au
Mon May 14 08:36:22 EDT 2012

Hi Folks:

Well we have what should be the latest/last reversion in OLPC-AU's soon to
be released image. Improvements over au217/au884:

- Latest firmware Q3C06, signed with our keys, not part of the image itself
but available in the same directory as the rest of the files. Use a usbkey
to install this firmware.
- Latest kernel 2.6.35.13_xo1.5-20120508.1139.olpc.eb0c7a8 for lego tower
support including the nqc rpm.
- Dextrose's Sugar version 0.94.1-24.dx3 with webdav support and
non-utf8-ssid fix included.
- Revised powerd featuring improved shutdown when inhibit suspend is in
use, and shutting down at 25% of what "MAX_SLEEP_BEFORE_SHUTDOWN" is set
too when the lid is closed, to guard against overheating when not shutdown
before being placed in a charging rack.
- Revised OLPC-AU boot animation and shutdown screen.

Available at: http://build.laptop.org.au/xo/os/RC-7/

Soon to be released is the xo-au-usb toolkit, to make installing security
keys, firmware and os images easier in the field via our menu system.

Jerry