[Dextrose] Important: landing non-utf8 ESSID fix

Sascha Silbe silbe at activitycentral.com
Mon Apr 23 19:35:38 EDT 2012

Excerpts from Martin Langhoff's message of 2012-04-23 23:57:13 +0200:

> Dextrose-based OS images get sent to OLPC for installation on XOs, and
> I am trying to increase the chances that they have this fix. Silly as
> it sounds, that particular bug is specially problematic for us.

Thanks a lot for the reminder! We had already notified our customers (*)
about this problem after we tested the patch, but not taken into account
that it affects run-in and thus pre-installation of images at the factory.

Sascha

(*) AFAICT no deployment that isn't our customer is currently planning
    on having DX3 or something based on it pre-installed on XOs
    ordered at OLPC.
--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/