[Dextrose] Important: landing non-utf8 ESSID fix

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Mon Apr 23 17:57:13 EDT 2012

Hi Dextrosistas!

I don't know what the status of Dextrose is, nor who the release
manager currently is. I hope I am reaching the right crowd with this
email, and that i'm not wasting people's time :-)

There's two patches for https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2023
floating around (short term fix from Simon, a better fix from Sascha).

My hope is that Dextrose releng will make sure that either of the
patches is landed in current Dextrose (and generally any Dextrose
based on the 11.y.z releases from OLPC).

Dextrose-based OS images get sent to OLPC for installation on XOs, and
I am trying to increase the chances that they have this fix. Silly as
it sounds, that particular bug is specially problematic for us.

thanks,

 - ask interesting questions