[Dextrose] Disable mesh workround

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Jan 25 14:11:36 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 16:01 -0300, Anish Mangal wrote:
> What should be the best practice to include this and similar changes?
>
> Should I create a new rpm? If I do, the updater won't download it
> unless I add the rpm in the 'Required' list of some existing rpm?
>
> Should it be run as a custom script after osbuilder runs?
>
> Should we have a standard bugfixes.rpm and we keep adding new rpm's to
> its required list, as and when new bugfixes happen?

For little bugfixes that will eventually go away, it's more efficient to
simply use custom scripts. We won't be able to do that after mass
deployment, though.

In this particular case, there's already a bugfix available in the olpc
kernel. However, even the proper fix requires setting a module parameter
in modprobe.conf, so in the we'll still need to patch the distro
somehow.

I'd propose creating a package "dextrose-platform" containing bugfixes
and other platform-level changes.