[Dextrose] Messages notifications (Request for feedback)

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 07:54:20 EST 2010

+1

I agree, visual spam is a big concern. But it does not depend exclusively on
technical details, a usage policy is also needed.

There is another interesting topic about notifications:

So far the notifications are not persistent (they get deleted when the
session ends). I was thinking we could add some mechanism for making
notifications persistent (if users do it it explicitly). Persistence makes
sense in critical errors notifications scenarios, otherwise users would have
to keep their current session active to show the error to the teacher or
local technician (ridiculous).

One effective possibility could be just adding a "Save notification" option
in the palette, this option will create a simple plain/text entry on the
journal with the message and any other relevant information.

This option can be useful for other scenarios too.