[Dextrose] [Sugar-devel] Report on Sl# 2080 , Pulsing icon delayed by 5 seconds or so.

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Nov 5 14:41:22 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 17:53 +0000, Gary Martin wrote:

> The loss of the zoom animation for non-trivial icons is a regression,
> it was fine 2 years back with the OLPC build 767, sugar 0.82.1 and
> Fedora 9 (just retested here on an XO-1).

We upgraded cairo and pixman in Dextrose to the versions shipped with
Fedora 14. There was no time to run a benchmark, but it seems a lot
faster now. Still not fast enough to see the zoom animation, though.

Dragging Marco in: do you know if something was changed in Sugar or
librsvg that could have made impacted performance?