[Dextrose] [Sugar-devel] Report on Sl# 2080 , Pulsing icon delayed by 5 seconds or so.

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Fri Nov 5 12:37:58 EDT 2010

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 09:49:01PM +0530, Anurag Chowdhury wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 06:05:16PM +0530, Anurag Chowdhury wrote:
> >> Sure , we can work to get a combined patch but your patch still
> >> disables the animation in most of the icons
> >
> > I think you're talking about something else than my patch.  No
> > animation is disabled.  Not sure what's wrong but the patch you linked
> > to[1] in your wiki page clearly does nothing like disabling any
> > animation.
> Well, I actually didn't meant that. I was talking about the change
> noticed by Gary (and me too) i.e. after the application of the patch
> we don't get to see the pulsing icon animation in most of the icons ,
> all we see is only the grayscale svg icon , this anomaly is also
> linked with the complexity of the icons i.e. more complex icons don't
> show up the animation while the simpler ones do.

Are you talking about the pulsing from greyscale to color, or the
zooming?  Gary was talking about the zooming[1] IIUC, and that is
obviously not changed by my patch.  I understood his comment to mean
that there was already a zooming issue in the build he was referring
to, and that my patch did not change that.

Can you please help me understand a bit more why you think my patch
causes the pulsing icon to not show in color?  I don't see that in my
sugar-jhbuild before or after my patch.

Martin

1. http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-October/028444.html