[Dextrose] Patch from 10.1.3 to robustify GNOME

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Dec 15 17:50:45 EST 2010

This makes Gnome a little more robust to tampering from overcurious
kids:

http://dev.laptop.org/attachment/ticket/10539/0001-Add-functions-to-olpc-session-to-check-gnome-configu.patch

Steven, we'll probably pick this up automatically from the olpc repo,
but you may want to double-check to ensure it's really in.

I still think we should also have a panic key at boot time for a more
drastic recovery:

  rm -rf ~olpc/.gconf ~olpc/.gnome2 ~olpc/.config ~olpc/.cache ~olpc/.local

If we don't provide this, support technicians of the various deployments
will simply continue doing what they do now: reflash the laptops that
don't seem to boot properly.