[Dextrose] ip route in rc.sysinit

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Aug 9 21:16:01 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 04:33:08PM -0300, Esteban Bordon wrote:
> I have a script that execute ip route to get the default gateway.

I've a fundamental problem with this ... a default gateway is set as a
result of bringing up a connection, and there is no default gateway in
the absence of a connection.  There is no connection during boot because
the user has not yet chosen an access point ... the choice is stored in
Sugar.

Could you explain why you would need to do it during boot when no
connection is available?

As Jon says, it is better to run it at the time a connection is
completed, since that is the first time a default gateway is set.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/