[Dextrose] Dextrose os300py on XO-1, speaker device not updating when using vol up/down keys

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Aug 5 16:07:27 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 02:34 +0100, Gary C Martin wrote:
> Hi Dextroseans,
>
> Have just downloaded and installed os300py to an XO-1 here for
> testing. Other than what's listed on
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Dextrose I couldn't find a list of bugs
> already reported so apologies if this is a duplicate (I checked
> bugs.SL.org in both the Dextrose component and the keyword but only
> found one bug there using the keyword).

Admittedly, we've been quite sloppy at filing bugs in both the tracker
and the summary in the wiki...

> Bug: Pressing the volume up/down keys on the XO-1 keyboard does not
> update the state of the speaker frame device. The real output volume
> correctly changes using either the keyboard and/or the frame device
> (tested with TamTamMini).

This should be already fixed in recent builds. I've been uploading
yesterday's Beta3 build since last night... should appear on the
Dextrose page later tonight.

If I have time, I will also attempt to write some release notes.

> Shall I trac this, and future reports? Personally, I usually loose
> track of email based items if I can't make use of them immediately.
> Just to confirm I understand the distinction between using the
> Dextrose component, or adding the keyword:
>
>  - If I think a fix is needed in some other known Sugar component but
> is a current issue for Dextrose, then assign to the correct Sugar
> component and add the dextrose keyword.

Yes.

> - If I think a fix is needed in part of the Dextrose distro process,
> just use the Dextrose component and no keyword.

Yes.

It's probably a bit confusing for non-technical testers, but we can
always fix the metadata ourselves.