[Dcpr] Best Practices Due Process Platforms for Comment

LB at lucabelli.net LB at lucabelli.net
Thu Oct 4 08:41:12 EDT 2018

    Dear all,

 It is  a great pleasure to finally share the first DRAFT of Best Practices on Due Process in Platforms' Implementation of the Right to an Effective Remedy.  (attached and here)

 This document is the result of the valuable work put together by the DCPR Working Group on Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms, in particular all those who contributed to the formulation of the initial questions and the review of the ADR practices of over 20 platforms.
 Nicolo and I would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere gratitude to all DCPR Working Group members for their excellent inputs (in alphabetical order): Christina Angelopoulos;  Maria Bjarnadottir; Marta Cantero Gamito; Giovanni De Gregorio; Luã Fergus; Rosalie Gillett; Agnieszka Janczuck; Cynthia Khoo; Chiara Poletti; Roxana Radu; Nicolas Suzor; Ilana Ullman; Chris Wiersma and Richard Wingfield)

 The document will be open for consultation with the entire IGF community (and beyond) until 30 November, so that we can collect feedback not only before the IGF, but also after the IGF, taking advantage of the DCPR meeting to raise awareness on the work.  https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/dcpr-best-practices-on-due-process-safeguards-regarding-online-platforms%E2%80%99-implementation-of

 As discussed at last year's IGF, we plan to include  the final version of the Best Practices as an annex of a new DCPR book (potentially the DCPR official outcome for 2019). The proposed focus of the book is on ADR mechanisms and AI-based solutions, a theme that will be debated also at the forthcoming DCPR meeting  https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2018-automated-decision-making-and-artificial-intelligence

 Of course, the Best Practices will also be published as a stand-alone document on the IGF website.

 Feel free to share any feedback on- or off-list and, of course, to comment the Best Practices on the IGF website. Feel also free to share this call for feedback with colleagues: this is a work in progress and we would really appreciate comments to improve the draft.

 Once again, we would like to express appreciation and gratefulness to the members of the working group for their excellent inputs and all DCPR members for their support.

 All the best
 Luca and Nicolo

   Luca Belli, PhD
 Professor of Internet Governance and Regulation
 +55 21 3799 5763 t at 1lucabelli
 Praia de Botafogo, 190 13º andar
 Botafogo - Rio de Janeiro, RJ - CEP: 22250-900
 luca.belli at fgv.br
 internet-governance.fgv.br

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message, as well as any attached document, may contain information that is confidential and privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this email or attached documents, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email by mistake.