[Cmacc] WEF - GA4GH-REWG - Codification of Consent

Prainsack, Barbara barbara.prainsack at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Nov 14 06:13:18 EST 2014

Many thanks for this, Jim and Primavera; this looks great.

Two very small comments:

(1) Under pt 2 ("purpose") I would suggest replacing "Although our DNA is very similar to each other,..." by "Although all human DNA is similar..." (otherwise it may not be entirely clear what "our" refers to)

(2) Under pt 7 ("risks of participation") I find the comparison with fingerprinting potentially confusing. Would it be possible to change this sentence to: "It is always possible to identify someone if certain data are put together", or "In principle, it is possible to identify someone if certain data are put together."

Let me know if you need somebody to help polish the German translation - I could probably find a student who is happy to help.

And yes, please add me to the list, if possible - many thanks!

Best
Barbara