[ASLO] Please, give an answer

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Tue Nov 1 16:43:40 EDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-29 at 18:51 -0500, Rafael Ortiz wrote:

>         I spoke with Bradley about this today. He agreed that there doesn't
>         seem to be any issue with the code itself. He is going to ask the new
>         SFC lawyer if he sees any problem with the end-user license for the
>         data (which incidentally Google does not own). Open Street Map data of
>         course would be preferable but in the meantime, I think we are not in
>         violation by including the software in ASLO.
>
> Ok nice to know. this activity should be public then.

The file gpl.txt actually seems to refer to a small binary shipped
alongside Google Earth:

  http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=518959

I could ask for more information internally, but I'm afraid we can't
publish this activity on activities.sugarlabs.org.

Sorry, Daniel, it was a very useful activity. Perhaps you could get it
hosted by the Ceibal Jam folks? See:

 http://ceibaljam.org/?q=lista_descargas

I can put you in contact with some of the Ceibal Jam folks.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team