[Systems] trac: Warning: The change has been saved, but an error occurred while sending notifications: 535

Samuel Cantero scanterog at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 13:24:29 EDT 2017

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 2:06 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> While adding a comment to ticket #4971, this message appeared;
>
> ```
> Warning: The change has been saved, but an error occurred while
> sending notifications: 535

```

Hi James,

Thanks for reporting it. It has been fixed.

> Also, with the moderator queue enabled in trac we're not seeing any
> new contributors until someone notices them.  Trac 1.0.9 is in use,
> which has much better anti-spam than before, so can the moderation be
> disabled?  Or use the new Parole feature for the Register form?

I've upgraded trac to 1.0.13. Trac 1.2 wasn't working fine with some
plugins.
I've disabled the moderation plugin and I've added the parole feature in
the register form. We again have ton of spam users. Parole is following
same methodology applied into http://dev.laptop.org/register. I hope this
reduces our spam users.

Best regards,

Sam C.