[Systems] [Systems-logs] sunjammer.sugarlabs.org-Munin_alert

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Mar 18 20:38:58 EDT 2016

On 18/03/16 19:05, Munin wrote:
> sugarlabs.org :: sunjammer.sugarlabs.org :: CPU usage
> 	OKs: system is 79.97.

Sunjammer has been overloaded for the whole day, but at least it hasn't
OOMed this time.

I inspected the files in /root/apache-status/ and found that we're
getting a ton of parallel queries to ASLO from 83.217.9.124, which is in
a netblock owned by a russian ISP (atlex.ru).

Unless alsroot is stress-testing ASLO, this is a single-host DOS, which
I stopped it in a second with my magical script ipkill. The IP will
remain banned until we reboot sunjammer. In case it was really alsroot
accidentally triggering the alarms, just run "ipunkill" to remove the
iptables rule.

 \X/  http://codewiz.org