[Systems] Docker containers in SL

Sam P. sam at sam.today
Wed Mar 9 18:06:10 EST 2016

On 10 March 2016 8:59:27 am LHDT, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org> wrote:
>Samuel, Sam!
>Thank you. I've recently grown interested in containers and find them
>fascinating in how they force you to think differently because of their
>
>statelessness and ease of replicability. I can think of several
>interesting projects with this.
>
>Sam, your script is interesting, similar in nature to docker-compose
>[1], have you seen it?

Docker compose is great.  We should probably use it as it has more features (configure dependant containers - I'll use this for the mirrorbrain container).  We initially did not use it, since:

1.  "Compose is still primarily aimed at development and testing environments. Compose may be used for smaller production deployments, but is probably not yet suitable for larger deployments." (today).  So hopefully this makes it stable enough for us
2.  It lacked support for the CPU_quota flag.  However, this was added recently [1].

Moving to compose can defiantly be something we do if anybody has some spare cycles.  It is pretty self-documenting setup, and it is an actual software project (vs our script).

Thanks,
Sam