[Systems] Mailmain configuration

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon Apr 11 23:55:45 EDT 2016

Hi James,

On 11 April 2016 at 23:41, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 11:22:21PM -0400, Dave Crossland wrote:
> >
> > On 11 April 2016 at 20:28, Chris Leonard <[1]cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >     most of us are pretty used to the way things are, not that is a
> >     super good reason
> >
> > Respectfully I think it is a bad reason; the community has shrunk over
> the last
> > few years, and I think making it better for potential newcomers is
> essential.
> >
> > Here's my next mailman configuration suggestion: setting dormant lists
> into a
> > read-only mode, to focus the remaining community.
>
> Let them fail.  Start a new one, make invitations on the others, see
> who turns up.
>
> How To Reset an Online Community by “Hot Tubbing” It
>
>         http://www.calebclark.org/?p=871

I think that is a solution to the opposite problem, where there are too
many people on a single list.

However, if there was to be a new list to replace an existing one, I'd be
happy to see a new 'sugar-discuss' list to replace iaep, continue
sugar-devel, and put the rest listed in http://lists.sugarlabs.org into
read-only mode.

> It isn't really an administration of systems issue.

Who else can set the dormant lists into a read-only mode?

--
Cheers
Dave