[Systems] lost wiki password

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Fri Feb 15 06:43:49 EST 2013

On 02/14/13 20:23, Frederick Grose wrote:

> In wiki-devel.sugarlabs.org <http://wiki-devel.sugarlabs.org>,
> I've disabled LDAP Authentication by commenting out in LocalSettings.php
>
> require_once("$IP/extensions/LdapAuthentication/LdapAuthentication.php");
> $wgAuth = new LdapAuthenticationPlugin();
> and the related global variables.
>
> http://wiki-devel.sugarlabs.org/go/Special:PasswordReset now
> successfully sends me a temporary password that allowed me to
> successfully change to a new password.
>
> I could do the same on the main Sugar Labs wiki, if there is agreement
> that the sacrifice of not having LDAP Authentication would be bearable,
> at least until it is better integrated, substituted, or reevaluated.
>
> Please advise.

+1 from me to disable LDAP, but we may have to deal with other users who
are currently relying on the ldap password to log into the wiki and
don't have or don't remember a password set in Mediawiki.

Please, announce the change on iaep@ to minimize the number of people
who will have to find out the hard way.

 \X/  http://codewiz.org