[Systems] Commit archive list

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Mar 31 15:14:34 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 09:37 +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:

> It's a start, but not enough. The most important missing piece is a diff
> for each commit. As for the format, I'd prefer something similar to a
> patch series. I.e. a mail for the push and a single mail in
> git-sendemail format for each commit, with In-Reply-To: set to the
> Message-ID of the push notification. That's just my personal preference,
> of course - maybe others would like a different format.

I also dislike clicking on the link to find the actual diff in a web
page, but I find the per-project notification feature of Gitorious a lot
easier to use than subscribing to a mailman list. It's also a lot easier
to maintain for us systems administrators.

Perhaps we could extend gitorious to append the patches to the
notification messages? Shouldn't be too hard...