[Systems] https://ldap.sugarlabs.org/passwd

Raul Gutierrez Segales rgs at sugarlabs.org
Mon Mar 7 06:34:05 EST 2011

Hi,

Our password web [1] form seems to have stopped working. I wouldn't know
since when because looking at the code there are paths in which it'll
still let you change your password. So some might have been seeing this
problem while others not.

Yesterday we started looking at the problem and Bernie found out that we
were using a dictionary of attributes that didn't look good enough for
ldap_modify().

For the time  being I modified passwd.php so that we avoid passing
shadowMax and shadowLastChange attributes in that dictionary. Its a
temporal hack so passwords can be changed but not a definitive solution.
I'll keep playing with this until I can make this work again.

Cheers,
Raúl

[1] https://ldap.sugarlabs.org/passwd