[Systems] svg image conversion problem?

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Jan 29 00:24:35 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 22:12 -0500, Frederick Grose wrote:
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Soas-coconut.svg
>

> Error creating thumbnail: sh: wmf2eps: not found
> convert: Delegate failed `"wmf2eps" -o "%o" "%i"' @
> delegate.c/InvokeDelegate/1060.
> convert: unable to open image `/tmp/magick-XXZJBTOq': No such file or
> directory @ blob.c/OpenBlob/2480.
> convert: unable to open file `/tmp/magick-XXZJBTOq': No such file or
> directory @ constitute.c/ReadImage/569.
> convert: missing an image filename
> `PNG:/srv/www-sugarlabs/wiki/images/thumb/4/4f/Soas-coconut.svg/320px-Soas-coconut.svg.png' @ convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/2838.

Bug in ImageMagick. It autodetects the SVG file is a Windows Meta File.
I tried upgrading to the version shipped with Maverick, but the problem
persists. It works fine with the Fedora 14 package of ImageMagick, which
is compiled with the "rsvg" delegate.

I fixed the problem on Sunjammer by switching to GraphicsMagick, which
is compiled correctly. In Ubuntu Natty, GM has replaced IM altogether
(which strikes me as an odd decision, since GM has not seen a release in
almost one year, while IM seems well maintained).