[Systems] Pootle hung

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 12:25:29 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> I've restarted apache on pootle.sugarlabs.org because it was
> continuously using 100% cpu time.
>
> This is probably why we've been receiving so many warnings from
> treehouse for the past 2 days :-/
>
> For those who have access to the kvm hosts: please investigate these cpu
> usage anomalies if you see them. I'm rarely online these days, so I
> can't respond quickly.

All,

There is a reasonable chance that I may have caused this issue.  We
know that the pt-BR project (especially Honey) is messed up and can
cause hangs.  I had successfully fixed an issue with the lang-da
project by deleting the TamTam programs (while replacing with the new
TamTamSuite  PO).  I took a chance and tried the same fix on pt_BR,
but it appers that pt_BR is having some other problem.

I sincerely apologize for creating a problem and not being in a
position to fix it myself..  I will work to get set up to log onto the
Pootle server and be able to clean up my own messes, but in the
interim, I will not try any more experiments with pt_BR.

cjl