[Systems] jabber.sugarlabs.org not working

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue May 25 09:41:37 EDT 2010

El Tue, 25-05-2010 a las 02:45 -0700, Thomas C Gilliard escribió:

> The jabber has been down for several days now.
>
> We just released the Mirabelle soas spin today and it would be nice to
> have it working,
>
> It looks like the jabber fails 3-5 days after you reset the database....
>
> Is there anyway you could monitor it more closely? Or set a chron job to
> do it?

I'd like to request root access to jabber.sugarlabs.org for myself and
maybe some other member of the infrastructure team, so we could help
maintain it. Is this possible?

The first thing I'd do is setup Munin with email alerts for all the
services running on : http://sunjammer.sugarlabs.org/munin/
We also do daily backups for all our machines on disk space provided by
OLPC. I can help setup the scripts, if there are no bandwidth problems.

Alternatively, we could install a new VM on treehouse and copy over the
current ejabberd configuration to it. Unfortunately, I cannot do this
work until I'm back from the OLPC Realness summit.