[Systems] wiki.sugarlabs.org relocation

Josh Williams josh at tucson-labs.com
Sat May 15 12:41:35 EDT 2010

On 5/14/10 5:59 PM, Frederick Grose wrote:
> On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Frederick Grose <fgrose at sugarlabs.org
> <mailto:fgrose at sugarlabs.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Josh Williams
>     <josh at tucson-labs.com <mailto:josh at tucson-labs.com>> wrote:
>
>         On 5/10/10 11:22 PM, Frederick Grose wrote:
>
>     *...*
>

> Bernie, Since we expect many new visitors next week with
> announcements, could you please help debug this issue, for a
> short-term fix at least?
>
> Also, if you separate our production, testing, and development
> databases, we can experiment with the common.css and common.js files
> in the MediaWiki namespace.
>
>     *Re: Collapsible sections*
>
>>         Collapsible sections are not working now.
>>         We use these to show embedded Iframes such as on
>>         http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Getting_Started#The_Sugar_Learners.27_manual
>>         (click the [show] link that appears while using Vector)
>>         and at
>>         http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs#Local_Labs in
>>         the Local Labs wiki portal.
>>

>         It looks like a javascript file isn't being called or it's not
>         working properly. I haven't been able to figure out what's
>         going on with this yet.
>
>>         The code is like this:
>>         portal''' </div><div class="NavContent">
>>         Content stuff
>
>     I believe that this was working for a while in the last few days
>     (after it was not) and now not working again, so that might hint
>     of a cause.
>
>     Please give this 'collapsible section' issue your priority
>     attention for our work, as this is important for our help sections
>     such as this one for our 18 May release of "Sugar on a Stick
>     Mirabelle", http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Beta.
>
>     Thanks again!           --Fred

Are you sure this was working recently on shikiwiki? I made a backup of
the files I edited (ShikiWiki.php and main.css), but when I uploaded
these to the testing site I still wasn't able to see the hide/show
buttons. I was able to get this working with jquery, but I'm not sure if
this is a universal fix for all of the pages with these collapsible
items and it's not the default way to do it for mediawiki.

http://wiki-testing.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs#

At this point I think it might be easier if we set up Vector as the
default theme and work off of that in devel (the css file alone is half
the size of shikiwiki). I discussed this with Bernie and he seemed to
think it was the right direction to move in. Otherwise, I could try to
get an older backup from Bernie.

Let me know what you think.

Josh