[Systems] API for activities.sugarlabs.org?

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Mar 12 22:32:42 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 14:52 -0200, Pablo Flores wrote:
> I agree that 2 seems to be a better solution for integrating our
> works...

> What I don't like of this choice is the impossibility to skin the
> page. I think is a very important usability issue.

I think it would be technically easy to do if we make a full copy of the
php application (just a few MBs of disk space) and change the templates.
The two instances would point at the same database and memcached
instance, so data would be the same.

> I don't know if this may sound like a hack for you, but... isn't it
> possible to fix ASLO to change the <base href=...> folder depending on
> the locale, so different css (or other templates) may be used?

Aleksey would know better, but it doesn't sound too complicated. This
solution would have the advantage of working from the same URL.

One problem with using the locale inferred from the browser is that
laptops with the same SKU of Uruguay are being used elsewhere. At least
some of the Paraguayan ones seem to self-configure to es_UY.UTF-8.

> BTW, where's tech info about ASLO and AMO?

Our documentation is available in the Sugar Labs wiki:

  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activity_Library
  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activity_Library/Devel
  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activity_Library/Design

Extensive upstream information is here: