[Systems] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Server proposals]]

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Mar 2 17:57:28 EST 2010

Hi,

   > Some tips from the FSF sysadmins.  They're also recommending
   > Supermicro. Along with cjb and lfaraone, I'm counting three
   > thumbs up. Hmmm...

But he's also recommending remote power and serial units, which
certainly do add expense.

If you can get a serial console and remote power unit *and* a
supermicro machine for the same amount as just an HP machine with
the same specs, I'd certainly go with the supermicro.

I'd be surprised if you can do that, though (although I haven't
looked at any prices), so I think you might have a good argument
for needing the iLO on the HP.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>