[Systems] nfs on a.sl.o

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org
Sun Nov 22 04:36:12 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 02:50:40PM -0600, David Farning wrote:

> see /etc/exports and /etc/fstab for details.
So it's NFS3, no encryption or cryptographic authentication. How
private/secure is the link between sunjammer and aslo-web?
We should at least use IP addresses in /etc/fstab and maybe even
/etc/exports (in case we move the DNS content server from sunjammer to
another host and forget about changing /etc/exports to use IP addresses)
to guard us against DNS spoofing.

> 2. Tomorrow night, I'll do a final sync of the database and point
> aslo-proxy at aslo-web.... and we should be live.
Depending on when you have time to make the change, it might make sense
to take a look at a.sl.o usage statistics to determine which time zone
to choose for the value of "night".

CU Sascha

--